Monday 21 February 2011

Sunday is the new Saturday

It seems that I'm waking up from the stupor like the 'Sleeping Beauty'. Though without the handsome prince and with the support of friends. I was dreading waking up as I was wondering would it be another day of nothingness and fatigue. But no, began to feel actually quite good. A friend from work came to help me with the market run and it was good to be back on track. Doing things that I like buying vegetables and planning exciting vegan food though with help. I'm still not comfortable with that though and can't wait to be independent once more.

Andrew wanted to see me which was great. We talked and caught up and we assessed me at being around 60 percent which again is progress though a little slow. I'm getting more relaxed with the idea that it's not going be overnight. Queer beers beckoned...well it was a sunny sunday afternoon and we were both pretty thirsty. I wasn't entirely convicned this was a good idea, in fact it was probably bloody stupid but hey ho...get me on a good day and I crave my normal life back and with immediate effect.

The afternoon passed in drunkeness, laughter and conversation. God, it was good to be back again. I felt guilty like I'm ill but sometimes I find there's nothing wrong as long as it made me feel better. More drinks and then hunger so Andrew suggested we went to his to cook dinner and have a nice glass of red. Interpreted loosley of course.

I took control in the kitchen to prepare a chilli and was drinking wine. It was weird to think that only one month ago, I was there unable to do a thing other than be waited on hand and foot and sleep. And now, here I was. It felt great and like there was a real acheievement. Andrew and I also went to the market together. Again, another mile stone and comparison. The local market was where I took my maiden voyage with Debbie only to be overwhelmed and now here I was drunk, happy and stronger. It was great to see Debbie and for her to see me better.

After some lovely food, copious wine, forced exposure to Ricky Martin and Enrique Juglesis, we settled to watch 'Caberet' though I was far too drunk to follow and passed out. Unceremoniously. On his couch. I hope to god I wasn't snoring or sleeptalking. I woke up and got myself out and took a taxi home.

A huge leap here...again, drinking lots isn't something I would necessarily advocate as a sign of recovery or getting better. I also thought that this period may curtail the partying a bit but all is good that I'm slowly returning to a normal life. Whatever that it.

I woke up Monday morning..hungover and tired. Not in the best way but certainly not horrendous. I do feel guilty that I went out drinking when I should be convelescing but I could debate this ad infinitum. So, I'll stay positive and think that the steps I made yesterday and all on a sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment