Saturday 5 February 2011

Food glorious food..

There is no shortage of people wanting to feed me or shop for me. The missing part of this equation is that my appetite is dead.

It's a possible symptom of the operation. As far as I can gather, my insides are all turmoiled and don't know where to go. Nevermind have a meal and all food appears somewhat unappetizing and repulsive.

 Or could it be something else. Simply, I am scared shitless of gaining weight.

Hysterectomies can induce weight gain (around 10 pounds/4 kilos) and that's too much for me. Though most would say that I would have a healthy body weight but I'm not sure if that's what I want.

Also, the fact I'm doing nothing means that the pounds will pile on quickly.

Then, bloody hyster sisters website is full of women whinging about their weight.

One friend has been great at bringing round appetising food but due to her cultural background, it's important to finish the plate. So I do and not enjoy it towards the end

This was not part of any support group or forum..how to cope with eating after a hysterectomy when your relationship with food is not the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment