Sunday 6 February 2011

A poor advertisment

All that fighting that I have as much protein as anyone else in my diet and then this happens. To be honest, I was ashamed of myself. But also, terrified on the idea of eating more..

Basically, what a shit advert for veganism was I.

Anyway, I woke up and felt the usual disorientation of an operation and then the support network came together. Eduardo and Debbie were in my room waiting for me to come back.

Now, while I was under anesthetic, there was a very funny incident at admissions. My friends were sorting out the paperwork and of course there was a few issues. The main one was other registering the birth. Now this flummoxed my friends. I'm not a Mexican national so don't have my birth certificate on my person. They were wondering what to do. The reality was that the admissions staff assumed it was an emergency Cesarean section and needed to register the birth of the child. There are physical impossibilities and then there are...well physical impossibilities.

More visitors...Kim came to see me and I wanted to know what was going on in the world. It seems in my absence that there's a revolution about to start in Egypt to follow the near one in Tunisia. People are fed up with the lack of democracy and the relationship with the USA. All I can say is 'Viva Revolucion'

More friends came along...it was the recovery crew. The whole incident really gave everyone a fright including me. I felt very guilty for this too. We reassessed my diet. I admitted that I don't like to eat much. One thought that perhaps a bit of meat would be a good idea (NO WAY!)

After everyone left, I decided to make a couple of phone calls. One to Julie because I wanted to see her before she left for The Netherlands and one to Roberto who despite being busy and not having any money, would appreciate being kept in the loop.

I hate doing this and feel like I was attention seeking but when one's nearly bled to death..I guess I've got the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment