Sunday 27 February 2011

Lets get ready to rumble

Missions of the day included

1. New haircut
2. Buy Eduardo's present
3. Get drunk at Eduardo's party

Not bad in all and really, this was beginning to sound like a typical Saturday for Liz Fishwick.

The hairdressing experience was really quite positive. The salon was four doors away from my flat and run by a gay couple with cool hair so all looked quite rosy. I loved the salon. The two guys were lovely and gave me what I wanted and the atmosphere in the place reminded me of all the the reasons why I love Mexico. It was almost someone's front room with people coming in and out for chats. The multitasking here can be rather irritating like they are not focussing but things somehow always get done in a way that I don't understand or at least I can't do. So, I'm learning to accept it. For the record, my haircut was fabulous. I loved it and gave them a good tip. Nothing like neighbourhood relationship building here.

The day began to go swimmingly. I got home and quickly went on chat. I saw that a friend who I've met a coupple of times in DF also had IMSS issues and a short conversation resulted in a decision to go for beers in the sun. Wow, I needed to air my new look and also sun and beers...what a great combination! And, I found Ed's birthday present...without hassle. Yes, things were definitely getting better. The catch over beers was lovely too. It was really nice to see this friend again and a boost for me. I was back doing my favourite things.

I returned and got myself ready for Ed's party like a regular Saturday night. A few nerves and all about whether I could still socially interact with people and how could I cope moving outside the inner circle of friends. A few drinks and some good chats where I tried not to talk too much about the operation. I didn't want to depress people. But, I managed..and yes another step.

I woke up slightly hungover and had a feeling that I didn't make a fool of myself. I maybe beared my soul but that's the new me. More honesty in communication with those around me. Whether I'll apply it in all areas and at all times, remains to be seen. I need to be brave and strong and it may mean losing friends in the process or finding new respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment