Sunday 6 February 2011

Rebel, rebel...

The tubes were out of my arms and I was good to go..well not quite yet. The doctor needed to observe me for another 24 hours. I enjoyed a nice long shower, more strange food for breakfast but at least they cooked tofu. Every little bit counts, right?

Then I needed to be reunited with an old friend - my cigarettes. Of course, I was faced with opposition from the nurses but could they stop me? No. And boy it felt good. A slight headrush but that was quite pleasant too.

And the seal had broken..and my appetite for nicotine (although forced) was back! And then I discovered a lovely patio overlooking the whole of DF with large ashtrays. I even took my afternoon visitors there (Roberto and Alex) as I was getting stir crazy in my room.

I slept for my final night in a hospital for a long long time (I hope) and then the doctor from the night when I bled to death (part one) came in. She informed me that I had been seen smoking and that this would affect their observation of me. For fuck's sake..it was only a few minutes here and there and I think the worst of it had passed. Anyway, instead of having an argument, I smiled sweetly and she left.

Home tomorrow...can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment