Monday 14 February 2011

My Bloody Valentine

Love and romance is never on my mind. Especially for this cynical woman who hates anything commercial, sickly or pink. Sex is on my mind a lot of the time usually but right now, I don't think I'll ever do it again. I'm way too self conscious about scars inside and outside and that will be the case for a while. Also, I'm reading far too much and am concerned that it will never be the same again. I could (literally) have a test ride someone I've slept with before but it all seems far too clinical and nobody wants to be a guinea pig..

I thought in fitting with today and a Valentine's theme, I'll compile a list of my favourite 'love' songs or songs which make me think of these things along with a few comments too..and in no particular order

1. Lunachicks - Bad Ass Bitch - That's me...on a good day

2. Bikini Girl - Rebel Girl - 'in her kiss, I taste revolution' and 'I want to take you home and try on your clothes'. revolution + fashion = hot

3. Amy Winehouse - You know I'm no good - I'm wondering how many of them have thought that..

4. My Bloody Valentine - Soft as Snow - Reminds me of a fuzzy, slightly hungover, sunday morning shag with bad weather outside so no incentive to face the day whatsoever

5. PJ Harvey - Is this love? - Passion, lust or love? I really like this feeling (when it happens) and then I go all silly and defensive and ruin it all

6. PJ Harvey - Who the Fuck? - it often results in these feelings..

7. Sheela Na Gig - PJ Harvey - best song ever about masturbation

8. White Stripes - Fell in love with a girl - 2 minutes of charged craziness

9. Joy Division - Love will Tear Us Apart - ultimate song of screwed up love and relationships

10. The Smiths - How Soon is Now? - soundtrack of a angst ridden adolescence, 20's and sometimes erm..30's

11. The Cure - Just like Heaven - love the dark, quirky and cutesy feel to this sweet song

12. The Breeders - Doe - a song about BJs? Not my favourite thing on the menu but a lovely song

13. Pavement - Shady Lane - not much to do with love and so on..but I just really like it

14. Smashing Pumpkins - Today - I believe I've felt this and sexy video too

15. Dinosaur Junior - Freak Scene - wonderful song! I may have snogged to a young man in an indie club and one which I dedicate to those who are there for me

16. Pavement - Summer Babe - more quirkiness...reminds me of kissing in the sun

17. Pixies - Gigantic - Do I really have to comment?

18. Nine Inch Nails - Closer - Pure kinkiness, dirt and depravity - on vinyl

19. Pixies - I've been Tired - My seduction technique...older woman, beer, talking politics.

20. Simon and Garfunkel - I am a Rock - the ultimate song for cynics and yes, sometimes walls are better.

No comments:

Post a Comment