Monday 31 January 2011

What not to wear...post hysterectomy style

Most of my wardrobe consists of

1. Work clothes - obviously out of the question and only for use Monday to Friday when at work
2. Skinny jeans - ouch!
3. Children's t-shirts - way too tight
4. Leggings - not with that bandage and scar
5. Mini skirts - not with those unsexy surgical stockings

On Monday evening (23rd of January), I moved to Anna's and asked if I could go to my flat to pick up some things. I love clothes and my unique style plus wanted some normality and familiarity in an abnormal and unfamiliar situation.

Zoe accompanied me in a taxi and yes taxi rides and lifts are still quite traumatic. I saw my post fumigation flat and then scrabbled around for clothes.

Luckily, I planned and bought some drawstring trousers..cheap from Asda and there were some t-shirts over age 10. A limited choice but still that was something.

It all fades into insignificance when I've got to wear surgical stockings. Fugly is not the word. At least I'm hardly out on the pull right now and am only available for trusted and close friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment