Wednesday 2 March 2011

Nose to the grindstone

Or would it be more apt to say, nose to the desk when I keep on having a sneaky bit of shut eye at work. I was warned but going back to work is really quite tough. The first thing is work clothes. I'm not Ms Corporate Dresser but I am expected to wear something smarter than my uniform of leggings and the dreaded drawstrong trousers. I ended up graduating to tighter t-shirts but nothing could prepare me for the discomfort of work trousers and shirts. Then, I made the mistake of wearing jeans last night. I am still suffering now. Back to the drawstring trousers for a while then. At least outside office hours.

I am making merticulous to do lists and stare at them for a while but am trying to keep them short and with a product in sight at the end. Need to keep my motivation high or at least not wane. That would be a disaster. And trying to limit myself to 7 hours max at work. Not very well but the effort is there. My head is a complete fuzz and full of cotton wool but I'm doing surprisingly well as masquerading as an efficient middle manager. Everyone has commented on how well I look and how chirpy I seem...but I need to give gentle reminders that I'm still a way off. The new hairstyle is working wonders mind you..

Actually, I'm doing quite well at managing workloads but it still comes in. Things need to be done like a tender which has a one day deadline. Shite. But, I'm handling it..slowly but surely and hopefully all will be fine. I've got the perfect excuse if it isn't and I hope it works.

The thing that gets me is that I'm shattered yet can't settle at night. And I wake up early. Then am half asleep at work. Not the best combination but slow steps and some large tasks. Maybe I am getting there afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment