Thursday 10 March 2011

More steps to being the Fishwick

Yes, it's been a while since I wrote but there's been a lot going on. More so with work and also back to having fun and getting up to no good. In a slightly restrained way but we're getting there.

Things that I've been doing are going to the weekly Couchsurfing meet up. Now, usually I avoid. The same people and the same questions. I'm a slight square peg in a round hole in many ways and have a strong aversion to small talk so not my usual way to spend an evening. Anyway, a girl from the USA messaged me and she sounded cool. Also, there's been some ruptures on Couchsurfing that the group is exclusive, all about meeting girls and they do the same things. I agree. A night at Lucha Libre doesn't inspire neither does a wander around Zocolo. A few of us were quite vocal including this young guy called Miguel so I wanted to meet him.

Once I got past the boring niceties, I engaged in conversation with Miguel or Hassam and it was enjoyable. Young and gay and some interesting ideas. Definite potential handbag here. Marie was fun too and also saw Roberto and Pedro who knew the full story and were happy to see me out. Naturally, it didn't take me long to flake out but at least it was all about getting out and meeting people.

Of course, this does have some consequences. Marie asked me to come out on Friday for drinks around Condessa. Usually, I'd be in like a shot (literally) but no..it was a struggle to get off the couch.

So that's how it is...I'm getting back to work and also back to having a life. Making belligerant comments, striving and thinking of how to improve an online community and talking to new people. Slowly and in a restrained manner...but nonetheless, getting there.

1 comment:

  1. There is an upcoming blogger roundtable on heavy menstrual bleeding that I thought you might be interested in attending. The roundtable will be held on March 23 at 5pm ET via WebEx with James Presthus, MD, Minnesota Gynecology and Surgery. Considering your blog topic and passion for women’s health, I wanted to personally invite you to participate. The webinar is an effort to raise awareness about this condition, and to educate more women about speaking up and to know that there are many causes and many solutions for this medical condition. If one in five women suffer from this, think of all the women you know who are suffering in silence because they are embarrassed by the topic. That is millions of women who have clinically heavy periods that keep them from going to work, leaving the house, going to the movies.

    Let me know if you are available on the 23rd to hear from Dr. Presthus on this topic – we are receiving RSVPs but have spots left! If you are interested- I have additional information about that event I can pass along.

    I look forward to hearing from you,
    Madeline

    ReplyDelete